Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Review: The Thief (The Queen's Thief #1)


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5
Audience: Teen+, no language, some fight scenes, no love scenes
Length: 280 pages
Author: Megan Whalen Turner

TOUGH TO GET THROUGH.


Oh goodness, I had been warned that this book was tough to get through, but necessary to the rest of the series, and that is SO true!

I spent most of it speed reading through to conversations just to understand the story. The book tells the story of the Thief, Gen, going with the Sounis to find a stone said to give immortality to its holder. 

While I enjoyed the back story of the formation of the world by the Gods (Earth & Sky), besides that I could barely hold on. Most of the time it's the group moving through the country trying to get to the fabled Temple.

Once there, the story does begin to pick-up as real action descends. Fighting rebel armies, ending up back in prison, and a solid twist round out the conclusion. 

I believe that this book will set-up the rest of the series well (and I've heard great things about the rest of her books). 

If you're interested in reading this series, I would still recommend reading this book. 

The Thief is appropriate for all ages. I don't recall any language, and there's literally 3 women in the entire book who speak (maybe 15 lines?) so no love involved either, haha. They're some fight scenes, but gore is minimal.

Looking forward to ordering her next book!

Question: Have you read this series? What do you think about it?

*Note: All opinions are my own. I only add the Goodreads link if you want to check out other reviews and information on the book itself. Thanks!*

No comments:

Post a Comment