Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Review: Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe #2)

Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)
Image from Goodreads

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Audience: YA, little language, lots of killing, no love scenes
Length: 504 pages
Author: Neal Shusterman
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: January 9th, 2018
Goodreads

WHAT JUST HAPPENED.


I have no words. For a second book, this was FANTASTIC.

How in the world did Shusterman fit all of this into one book? The drama, the friendship, the angst, the betrayal,  it was a collaboration that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I have so much to say and I'm trying to formulate it without adding spoilers *SIGH*, but I digress.

I love a good romantic component to books, yet this is one where it plays maybe a 5% portion and I can't help reading faster and faster to get to the end. The twists and turns create great plot lines that weave a tangled web.

The world building is so CRAZY. I spend half of my reading wondering what kind of world it would be if we had a Thunderhead (who's to say that won't happen though??). I can't even fathom scythes, gleaning, and a cloud controlling the universe. It makes these novels all the more enticing.

Everything draws me in about this series. Some portions were left open that will definitely craft an insane finale. I feel like using character names will give too much away. So I'll sit in anticipation for book 3 because all hell has broken loose in MidMerica.

His characters are complicated, intense, and without remorse. I love them all. (Well, I could name a few I'd glean myself...)

Very little language, lots of death (to be expected, haha), no love scenes. Overall, a clean book if you're okay with all of the gleaning. 


*Note: All opinions are my own. I only add the Goodreads link if you want to check out other reviews and information on the book itself. Thanks!*

No comments:

Post a Comment