Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Review: Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1)

Image result for SNOW LIKE ASHES
Image from Amazon


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Audience: Teen (Adults might find boring/repetitive to other stories), minor language, a kiss or two
Length: 416 pages
Author: Sara Raasch
Goodreads


NOT TOO SHABBY.


I listened to this on audio during my runs and it kept me interested enough to ignore how long I needed to run that day 🤣. Lots of magic and some adventure involved!

It's really easy to get the 'main' plot twist early on, but it doesn't take away from the overall book. This book follows most fantasy YA novels with the story line, so nothing too new here.

There is a love triangle (and if you're like me, you generally stay far away from them). This one wasn't bothersome enough for me to stop listening. I can't decide which guy I like better for Meira so I'll see how book 2 goes.

Some dragging themes do occur, having to learn the history of Winter and the other nations, people being captured, etc. Raasch focuses too much on some of the side stories that either haven't resolved (which could be why there's so much focus), or truly are there for no good reason. 

While nothing that special stands out, it's still a good, quick read if you're looking for something simple (and that has a cute love component).

They're some fight scenes that are a touch gory. No major love scenes (two characters kiss once) so it's appropriate for most ages. 


*Note: All opinions are my own. I only add the Goodreads link if you want to check out other reviews and information on the book itself. Thanks!*

No comments:

Post a Comment